Lockdown #147 - a reminder of what you can claim
As we head into another national lockdown, here's a reminder of what support is available to small businesses.
Furlough Scheme (CJRS) now available until April
The main points of the CJRS:
- Scheme will pay up to 80% workers wages (up to a cap of £2,500pm), with employers able to top-up if they wish
- Employer will be responsible for paying employer NIC and employer pension contributions
- Both flexible and full-time furlough available
- Grants will be paid within 6 working days, and must be claimed by 14th of the following month
- Employees are eligible if they were on an employers PAYE scheme by 30 October 2020 (a payroll RTI submission must have been made by this date)
Self Employed Grants
The currently available self-employed grants have also been extended with a further grant available for the period 1st February 2021 to 30th April 2021.
Limited Company Directors
Directors of their own Limited Companies will be able to claim under the Furlough Scheme, with the maximum claim amount being £575pm (if a tax efficient salary has been paid).
New grants for businesses have just been announced today for businesses forced to close in the leisure, hospitality and retail sectors. More guidance is expected imminently and we'll update this blog when it is.
Business grants will be payable via your local authority - contact them or check their website for details of how to apply.
What to do now?
We'll be updating you regularly with any additional updates. For now, get your business prepared for the National Lockdown. You can take a look at our previous blogs which may help, How to put your business on pause, and Top tips for working from home.
Full guidance from HMRC can be found here.
There's no comments for this item. Why not leave the first comment below?