We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10th May 2018.
1. Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2. Relevant legislation
This website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 11 for clarification.
3. Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
This website uses automatically collected information and other information collected through cookies and similar technologies to:
- Personalize our service, such as remembering an information so that you will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits
- Provide customized advertisements, content, and information
- Monitor and analyse the effectiveness of this website and third-party marketing activities
- Monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed
You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3.2 Our blog
- Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on our blog your data will be stored in the website database.
- If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
- NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
3.3 Forms and email links
- Should you choose to contact us using any of the forms on our website, and providing you give your consent for us to do so, your data will be stored in the website’s database. This data will be stored on our server, details of which can be found in section 6 below.
- Should you choose to contact us using an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website.
3.4 Email newsletter
- If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
- Your email address will remain within Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd database for as long as we continue to use Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any marketing emails that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
- If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
4. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
5. How we store your personal information
As detailed in section 3.3 above, if you submit a form on our website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database.
6. About this website’s server
This website is hosted by Clook Hosting within a UK data centre located in Manchester. Details of Clook’s data centre and security measures can be found here. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
7. Marketing and opting out
If you give your consent, we may contact you by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time by contact the Data Protection Officer displayed in section 11 below.
8. How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate
9. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
10. Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Diverso Accountants Limited (registered number 09525961)
Whose registered office is: 23 Pirelli Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5GE
And whose operating office is: 23 Pirelli Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5GE
11. Data Protection Officer
Director, Diverso Accountants Limited